Saturday, June 22, 2024

Electioneering

 

Last Wednesday I got stopped in the street by a coupla grey hairs.  Did I live locally, did I know abt the elections, had I heard of Andrew Feinstein and would I like a leaflet abt him ??

A's to Q's:  yes, yes, yes and, only if it'll make you feel better.
I told them I'd been following him since he exposed corruption in the ANC Govt and had to do a runner.
They were open mouthed.

They said they/ he'd been trying to find venues to hold public meetings but kept getting obstructed by the Council !!

I asked if they knew what was happening abt hustings ??  They didn't but are as amused as I am at the prospect.  The Council have stopped the public attending Council meetings on account of the amount of disruption,  so we look forward to Starm meeting more than that in an enclosed room.
I pointed out the Corbyn constituency had been denied hustings by the Labour pretender refusing to attend.  So we had a laugh about that.

I asked them what kind of reception they'd got out on the streets.  Said they'd had a few committed Starmtroopers but largely people didn't know what they were going to do and were grateful to learn there were options.  (doesn't mean they'll take them.)

I said it was a pretty safe seat, which is how he got it, but we keep our fingers crossed for the day.

I got the impression Feinstein's got a prob with getting the word out.  No poster campaign that I've seen and the only leaflets through my door have been Lab + Reform.

 


I let them kiss the hem of my robe and bid them go on their proselytising way.

Shoulda sent them to me YT Channel  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJI6LQRLOoU  

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment